Bommer supports exporting your bill of materials in a variety of different formats and structures, to several different file types. Each export is configured via the "Export..." command, located in the Bommer dropdown menu.
To export your bill of materials, check the correct options on this form and press OK. You will then be asked to provide a file name and type for the export. Once the export is completed, Bommer will ask you if you would like to open it; if so, Bommer will launch the default application for that file type (e.g. Excel for .xlsx files) currently configured on your computer.
Export shapes and formats
Bommer allows you to export your bill of materials in three different "shapes":
- Flat: This will export a flat view of your BOM combining the same components into the same line items, and ignoring hierarchies. This is to get your full BOM view at a glance without organization i.e. a master parts list for your assembly.
- Hierarchical: This will export a BOM that contains all of the parent/child relationships present in your assembly. Also known as a structured or indented BOM, this shows how all the components and parts are organized across your assembly.
- Parts Only: This will export a BOM that shows only the parts or items marked as parts in the BOM (see here for more info on parts and items marked as parts). Like a flat BOM, it will roll up the same components into a single line item. This BOM serves as a parts lits for when you are purchasing all of your parts from vendors.
In addition, Bommer lets you export into the following file formats: Excel (.xlsx), comma-separated value (.csv), and JSON (.json).
Below the BOM type dropdown, there are several options that you can use to tailor your bill of materials export
- Include root component?: When checked, this will include the root component in your bill of materials as the very top item.
- Include excluded components?: When checked, this will include items that have the Exclude? checkbox checked (in the Edit bill of materials table or in the Edit part properties dialog).
- Include part descendants?: When checked, the exported bill of materials will include descendent components of items marked with the Part? property.
- Include components hidden in Fusion 360?: When unchecked, the exported bill of materials will omit items that have been hidden in Fusion 360. Items hidden in Fusion 360 are the ones where the light bulb icons have been "turned off". If this option is disabled then the hidden items will also be hidden from the BOM.
Below this set of checkboxes is a table that specifies the properties (i.e. columns) to export. Check or uncheck properties to include or exclude them from your bill of materials.