Navigating the Bommer button bar
We will be covering the buttons from left to right here in order;
- Refresh: Refresh your Bommer data. Bommer does this after new properties are added and generally updates on its own. This is a manual solution
- Add to BOM: Adds a line item to your BOM that is not tied to a component.
- Import: Import BOM data from an external source, check out our guide on importing BOM data for more information.
- Undo: Undo your actions
- Redo: Redo undone actions
- Flatten BOM: Flatten your BOM, removing the hierarchy and rolling up similar components into a single row item.
- Table Navigation shortcuts: A list of actions you can take to interact with your data on your Bommer table. These also have keyboard shortcuts that are listed here
- Views: Manage your Bommer views, controlling which columns appears in your BOM. These can be fully customized.
- Filters: Manage your Bommer filters, controlling which rows appear in your BOM. Like your views these can be fully customized. Filters can also be combined and inverted to give better control.
- Remove Filter: Remove currently applied filters
- Formatting Rules: Create rules for displaying BOM data in certain ways depending on instructions you set up. Examples include changing the color of text or boldening text.
- Group By: Open a menu to choose and existing property to group your BOM by such as Item # or Description.
- Export to assembly folder: Export your BOM to the folder where your files are stored.
- Export: Exports your BOM to a selected folder.
- Export and send: Export your BOM and open up your computers default email client with the BOM attached.
- Settings: From here control most of your Bommer properties and other settings. 95% of your Bommer controls and customizations are here.
- Contact Us: Contact Bommer support, we love hearing your from to help or just in general!
- Help: Open up our knowledge-base to find help for any questions you may have.
Creating your own custom properties
Bommer allows you to create custom SOLIDWORKS properties that help customize your bill of materials and have the data you need. You can check out our guide on creating custom properties for more information on this. If your team or company already uses Bommer, see Importing your team's settings for information on how to get set up quickly.
Creating your views and filters
Views and filters help control what data you are seeing at what times, as well as gives you the ability to pre format your BOM before it even leaves SOLIDWORKS. Check out our guides on customizing your views and filters for more information. If your team or company already uses Bommer, see Importing your team's settings for information on how to get set up quickly.
Creating an export template
Export templates are an optional but extremely powerful way to configure your bill of materials exports to use the full power of Excel without having to modify the exported spreadsheet after the fact. Check out our guide on how to create export templates for more information.